Salford Systems is an advanced data mining software and consulting company based in San Diego, California. We enjoy an open, creative environment, and have developed an international reputation for cuttingedge technology. Salford Systems is affiliated with several of the world's greatest scientists in the field of machine learning, and leads the data mining industry with exciting, innovative products.
The perfect Data Scientist candidate, should be experienced with and enthusiastic
about using data to drive strategy and product recommendations. Should have strong
ability to both engage with senior leaders to design wellconstructed analyses and work
with analysts and software engineers to effectively deliver actionable results. A
wellrounded and selfstarter top performer who is able to "crunch the numbers" one
minute and critically think through strategic issues the next. Able to communicate as
effectively with managers as with engineers.
The ideal candidate is an independent, solutionoriented thinker with a strong background processing huge data sets, applying analytical rigor and statistical methods, and driving toward insights and solutions.
Responsibilities may include:
- ● Working with our technical and marketing departments to prepare data that will be used for promotional projects and consulting projects.
- ● Ability to prepare exemplary analyses on the prepared data to illustrate analytical techniques using our software.
- ● Scraping, merging, cleaning, formatting and repurposing of publicly available datasets.
- ● Master’s Degree
- ● Ability to work with raw data sources in a variety of formats.
- ● 2 years relevant work experience including statistical software (R, SPlus, SAS, or similar), databases and scripting languages (such as Python).
- ● Ability to add opensource and classical statistical approaches to data mining approaches to enhance our consulting projects and participation in data mining competitions.
- ● MS in Statistics or related (e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Ops Research).
- ● 4 years of relevant work experience.
- ● Substantial realworld experience.
- ● Ability to draw conclusions from data and recommend actions.
- ● Demonstrated willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
- ● Demonstrated selfdirection.
Please send resume and wage history and requirements to:
Company: Salford Systems Location: San Diego, CA