College searchCollege MapColleges Word of the DayCollege Games


Scholarship Name:

Enter the name or part of the name of the scholarship you want to search for. Otherwise, choose from the criteria below.

Scholarship(s) Criteria:



Financial Aid Info
If you have questions like what is the difference between (FFEL) and (EFC) or subsidized and unsubsidized the Loan Glossary will explain the terms. The Federal programs are also listed below. Good Luck!
Help Section
Loan Glossary
Scholarships Explained
Scholarship Search
More Financial Aid Help
Financial Aid Home
Federal Financial Aid
Federal Pell Grant
Campus Based Programs
Federal Family Ed. Loans (FFEL)
Direct Stafford Loans
529 College Savings Plan
529 Plan Comparisons
California Section 529 College Savings Plans


     Campus Based Programs

This is Federal money given to each individual college’s financial aid office to be doled out to students based on need using calculations approved by the Federal Government.

  1. Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
  2. Federal Perkins Loan
  3. Federal College Work Study Program

There are a few different types of Financial Aid for you to choose from and we are here to point you in the direction that is most beneficial to your individual status. Most Financial aid eligibility is based on need, and you can easily apply for college financial aid in many different ways. A financial aid application is attainable for everyone, whether it is through us, financial aid counselors, financial aid advisors or the fafsa financial aid.

Types of Campus Based Programs
1. Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
This grant, for undergraduate students, is awarded to students who demonstrate exceptional need. Priorities are given to students who receive Federal Pell Grants, and FSEOG does not have to be repaid. Students who fill out the FAFSA are automatically considered for the FSEOG
2. Federal Perkins Loan
The Perkins Loan is awarded to both undergraduate and graduates who show an exceptional financial need. The individual college is the lender of the loan, using federally allotted funds. The Perkins Loan is a subsidized loan with an interest rate of 5%, no fees and a 10-year repayment period. The maximum available for borrowing is $4,000.00 per year for undergrads and $6,000.00 per year for graduate students
3. Federal College Work Study Program
Eligibility for these Work Study Programs is based on need determined by filling out the FAFSA form and your EFC. These are the hard to get jobs, such as working in the library, school offices and alumni offices. The hours and award amount vary on a school-to-school basis and can be used to help pay tuition or to give the student money to live. The school has to pay the employee directly in the form of a paycheck, at the Federal Minimum wage rate, and at least once a month. Most work-study jobs are available on a first-come, first-served basis and colleges and universities usually require an interview to determine in which department the student fits into best.